Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,614 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
All Welcome 
Rodyn had been gone longer than he had imagind he would be. And rather than return home to Moontide, first it was Moonglow where he came. His paws were roughened and raw boned. Less fat clung to his bones and his withers. He didn't look unhealthy no, for he knew to take care of himself. But it had been clear that he had been traveling.

He carried the look of the young man he had once been, that had first came to Moonglow. He had much to share with those therein.

He lifted his muzzle to call out to @Kukutux, @Vaire, @Panuk, @Aiolos, As always a polite young man. He daren't cross the borders until he was allowed. He had been so far in the wilds. He did not know the grief that clung so tightly to the pack lands again. Though there was an uneasy silence of that he could tell.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,379 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
tag for ref! no need to match length <3

kukutux felt as if she was dead.

husband, she finally murmured one night, one sleepless warm night hung with fireflies and the breath of a hotter time to come, with the fragrance of wildflowers wafting — uiga. i think you must make a path from this place. not forever. not far.

her greenstone eyes found that of @Aiolos. go to moonspear. the spirits of our people speak there. my people. she will be there, husband. go up the mountain to the place of hot water. let your mind depart from your body for a time. our son and the daughter of shikoba, they will watch over you.

he could not continue to lie here, to sleep away what was left of his time. kukutux would not insist upon the departure of her sun man, but her eyes said it must be so. moonglow held him here, threshed by unseen tethers, the land drinking the life from his body as if to nourish those who were dead.

that had been the night before, and now she moved to greet rodyn.

moonmother had aged since their last meeting, her steps twisted at last with the knobbing curse of those who grow old. always pale, sedna had placed silver now along eartips and nape. small-framed, too riddled with grief for appetite to touch, kukutux had become less.

but her eyes were undimmed, knowing green against the black of a rabbitfur wrap. the duck looked with pleasant welcome on the husband of her samani. "you have gone many places?" came her ask, though she wondered what had kept him from crossing over, from coming up the path.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Moontide
Alpha*
1,614 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
The woman that came towards him was not the mother he had left. She was frail and tired. Greying about her ears. And she limped now. He frowned to see such a change in so short a time. And he felt as if his heart would break. So much to lose.

A smile lit up the yellow of his eyes. And he stepped in place. Delighted to see her. I apologize for not coming to you. I always feel it is mannerly to ask permission to enter, even if you are family.

A wag of his tail and he waited quietly.

Her words found his ears and he tilted his head and gae a nod. Yes I have met with every pack in the wilds that I could find. Some gave me the words they would be there, other's ask that we call or send messenger. And I have made many trades. Things not even seen by me before. And i have many plants for your gardens.

A small smile. And a gentle perusal. Is all well Moonwoman?
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,379 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
of course; he would not know. "sedna has seen ... sedna has decided to bring another daughter home to her heart. ariadne." and the old taboo thrummed within her, and she knew it was wrong to speak a name which had drowned in such horror.

that manner of death might very well bind a soul longer, to enter a child, to sicken an old one.

but was she not the old one now?

and was she not more sickened to ignore these names?

"come to the ulaq. i have the want to know what you have brought."

her smile was dimmed but true, and she turned to walk beside rodyn up the beaten path.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,614 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
A small little pain in his chest. Grief again lighting up the yellow of his eyes. Oh Kukutux. I'm sorry.

He stepped forward to reach for the woman who had taken him in. Who had lost too many. A small prickle of unease curled around his shoulders, for she had lost two daughters and both had been given his name. Was he the reason? but no he shook his head. That could not be, he had never angered gods.

I have gathered many things.
Wild Geese Wrapped in Fig Leaves
Fermented Cacti Pulp
Bobcat Furs
Snake Stoles
Dried Ginger Root
Cinnamon
Golden Gumweed (Infection)
Prickly Pear (Poor Digestion)
Yucca (skin rashes)
Lapis Lazuli
Rose Quartz
Elk Fur
Nooska Rose and much more besides.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,379 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
for a moment she held him, this strong son of the moon who had brought samani much happiness.

his gathered riches were impressive, with kukutux clucking her tongue in interested surprise here and there.

"very well you have done! moontide is surely the most wealthy village among us," she exclaimed with a quick, true grin. panuk would make a good match, bring a good wife into the house of his father. 

she was not certain rodyn would marry again, and she counted each day as a silvermoon honor to the name of samani.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,614 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn held her as tightly as he could. Though the frailty of her form, caused tears to prick his eyes. A sad smile when she released him.

Rodyn shook his head. The wealth does not belong to Moontide alone. It belongs to all of Moon villages for it was not only myself of trades I carried. Half of the goods i Received alone belong to daughter of moonwoman Ariadne, for it was some of precious and worked furs I carried. You can use them for her children.

Rodyn hoped Panuk married for love. And he was not opposed to his own story being rewritten with someone else, but as it was he was content. If love was to find him again. It would. Or if Kukutux asked it of him, as she had of Ariadne.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,379 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
always. always would rodyn be loved among these people of the moon.

"yes. we will keep these things for her children." wealth, if they wished to be traders. little lynx girl would return; kukutux held fast to this belief.

lingering too long upon ariadne or even panuk, who brought to mind samani, tormented the duck. she drew softly up, and away, and affixed rodyn with a look that wished to be brighter. "i am ready to help you with the preparations for our great hunt. where have you chosen the place to be?"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,614 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn adored Saman's family. Had from the moment he had stepped into the teekon wilds. However, he had left their small little haven to make his own with her. How strange the world was.

Rodyn smiled. I was thinking Firefly Glen. This way we can hunt larger game and perhaps someone would be willing to teach the children that are in attendance to hunt some smaller game? And I have hope that there will be enough space for your women's circles and healers circles.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,379 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
firefly glen. yes. her eyes said this was a good choice, and she lifted her chin. "i have started to show the ways of pelt-making to my granddaughters. we will have many to bring for trading. when will you call us together, rodyn?"

she was patient. to have more time was to be given more opportunity. they had worked elk, deer, and caribou hides. but there was learning in the ways of tanning marten, skinning badger, gathering the fineries of erminefur.

her heart would be full, and her mind tamed of its draining sorrow for a time. for a time.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,614 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn nodded. They will be fine furs. I planned for middle of fall. When the animals have not yet began to sleep deeply, but their winter furs have begun to grow. When they are fat for hibernation.

I will hunt some smaller game for you. I have fisher pelts that I hunted on this journey as well.

He also had fawn furs. A mercy killing those two. One he had traded one he had kept. Their mother already gone when he found them with her. Those deaths he had begged Sednas forgiveness.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,379 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"you are a good son of the moon, rodyn," kukutux said after a moment, with a somber truth to her words as she looked at him. "it is as if you were always among us."

he bore their dedication and their loyalty, but with no sign of the arrogance she recognized in herself.

a pause came and then went.

"i wish to find a wife for ipiktok and perhaps lomion," moonmother said, "perhaps at this winter hunting. but i do not want you to be alone for another springtime." should she search also for names which rodyn might have?

he might never seek for himself. kukutux wished to see him settled and with joy in his spirit once more.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,614 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
A soft sad smile. He had found a home when he had come to moonglow. And a wife. And he cherished both.

Rodyn sucked in a breath and thought about her words. I have no names to give you, but.

He looked around. You may give my name to those you deem a good match.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,379 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
a nod, lashes shuttering the green eyes.

samani would understand this. she had loved rodyn. a life alone was unfulfilling for one adored.

she covered his paw with her own, and said nothing. she did not need to say such words. rodyn understood.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,614 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn felt a tight pain. But also warmth. He knew Samani would understand. And chances were nothing came of this. He knew he was a hunter with a quiet voice. He was not the sought after. And that was fine.

He squeezed her paw with his own. No words needed.