Ouroboros Spine apiqqun
Pledged
Moongrove
writing letters addressed to the fire
768 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Private 
Accompanied by @Kannoyak, she strolled nervously through the territory, dreading the upcoming discussion with @Kukutux. Despite feeling drawn to the forest, she acknowledged her tendency to rush into decisions and decided it might not be the appropriate time to begin building a village. No matter how many times she had imagined the scenario, it always ended in rejection. 

At the entrance of the den, she paused and chuffed, hoping to coax the Moonwoman out into the open.
Moonglow
Zeta
266 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The cotton grass man waited a short distance away from the Moonwoman’s den. He did not carry the same fearful emotions as Ariadne, but he also did not believe that he needed to stand so close, intruding on her home and her peace. Kannoyak was there to assist the moongirl in her goals. If she wished to speak with her mother before attempting to settle in the woods, that is what she would do.

The cotton grass hunter waved his tail. His features were pointed toward the uncertain Ariadne. As she called out for her mother, Kannoyak chuffed a noise of encouragement.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,252 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux was not surprised to see the cotton-grass pathmaker and her daughter there before the ulaq. ariadne was decisive and swift in her historical choices; her beauty was another granted thing that would draw the eye of any man.

but moonmother had hoped perhaps that she would choose rodyn.

her smile was warm for kannoyak, her arms loving for ariadne.

"it is good to see your face, both of you," the duck beamed. "come and sit here with me. there is new young rabbit in the caches."
Pledged
Moongrove
768 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
A warm welcome awaited them, and Ariadne's face beamed with joy upon embracing Kukutux, momentarily easing her anxiety.  Afterward, she pivoted, grabbed the rabbit from the cache, and placed it in front of her mother. Since she wasn't hungry, the others were free to enjoy the fresh catch. 

I'm glad to see you, anaa, she said, trying to conceal her discomfort with a smile. I have something on my mind that I need to share with you. Moon Owl appeared to me in a dream last night, showing me glimpses of the neighboring forest. Kannoyak and I went to explore the area, and we believe it could be the perfect spot for a village. We would call it village Moongrove.

I'm thinking of starting one there, but I'm afraid it might be too early. Especially after last time. But my heart is telling me that it is time! She shook her head and brought a paw to her forehead. We have come to seek your guidance, as I would not do anything without your blessing and advice.
Moonglow
Zeta
266 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Moonwoman was welcoming and radiant, as always. Her spring green eyes welcomed her daughter. The cotton grass man bowed his head, features tightened into a proper show of his respect. The customary greeting of the moon wolves made him feel like this was his home, too.

It is good to see your face, Moonwoman, Kannoyak returned, voice gentle and deep.

The white hunter did not feel that this was a conversation he should share in. He had gone with Ariadne because she had asked and he did not have the heart to deny her. The forest was a beautiful place and it had cast a spell on the young moongirl. Kannoyak was not bound to any one place and so when she asked if he might join her there, he could find no substantial reason not to.

As Ariadne explained her plan and asked for the advice of her mother, the cotton grass man dipped his snout and spoke, this man would help. To form Moongrove. That was all he could offer.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,252 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
ariadne spoke of the place that her nuiruk sister had once claimed, the place of fjall's birth. kannoyak was polite, offering himself as creator.

her eyes moved between them both, and she busied herself for some moments with the separation of the rabbit-meat.

"you go as companions to build this village?" came the question for them both, though the true question was one that both kannoyak and ariadne would understand.

she did not disapprove. but the children would not understand, and kukutux quietly wished them to stay in moonglow for now. 

"moon owl has a wise voice, daughter. your heart must build. and yours is to make paths," she added, with a reassuring look that said all was well.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Pledged
Moongrove
768 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Kukutux disrupted the quiet pause with an unexpected question, causing Ariadne to turn red as she glanced at Kannoyak. Even though she wished for a deeper connection with him, they were just friends. We are going as friends, she confirmed, turning to her mother and eagerly awaiting her approval.

Her heart filled with joy upon receiving approval, leading her to hug Moonwoman and kissed her cheek excitedly. Aya! Thank you, anaa! she said, before casting another glance at Kannoyak to judge his reaction.
Moonglow
Zeta
266 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The man watched Moonwoman with the rabbit meat. His first urge was to offer assistance. Doubt kept him in place. He was there was a watchful guardian, not to intrude on her space. Ariadne had difficult things to discuss. Kannoyak only wanted to be respectful of their conversation and relationship.

When Moonwoman asked if they would build as companions, the white hunter did not sus through the true meaning of this question. He only nodded his head in answer.

Moongirl would need assistance to build a village. All the support and insight that her mother could offer would give her an upper hand. Kannoyak had already pledged himself to her cause. The forest called to her and she felt that she must go. The pathmaker understood this in the depth of his spirit.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,252 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
hm.

she passed them portions of the soft meat.

"it is close enough that you will not be gone for long," she commented to ariadne, the message of staying close underscored here.

it was enough that kigipigak had gone. this was expected by the sunshine wolves, even encouraged.

but ariadne was theirs now. kannoyak would understand.

"i will come and visit. show me what i have not seen before," she murmured, for she had not truly explored that place even before fjall's birth.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Pledged
Moongrove
768 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
She nodded in agreement, acknowledging its nearness but missing the true meaning behind her mother's words. It will be good for everyone to be so close, she remarked, eyeing the portion of rabbit she was given before taking a bite of it. I think that Moon Owl knows that, too, anaa. That is why he is having me build there and not somewhere else. 

She smiled at the promise of a visit, and her tail swayed behind her. I will show you the best places—there are many beautiful things to see.