Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Pack Activity 
Something about her newest title gave her a wild hair. Grandmother. She'd always been attached to the Redhawks' legacy, sometimes to a fault, and the prospect of growing their family tree. But ever since Killdeer's birth, she'd really begun to feel like a true matriarch. Now she was ruling over and raising multiple generations. It made her feel profoundly proud and protective. She roamed the caldera's slopes with renewed purpose in her step, head and tail held high always so anyone who beheld her knew she was the Sovereign and, more importantly, the grandmother of this place.

As the sun came up on this warm June morning, Towhee crested the caldera's highest ridge line and squinted east against the glare. She wouldn't hear it, though she couldn't resist the urge to tip back her head and let out an absolutely booming howl. It was a welcome to their newest member; a rallying cry for their family and its incontrovertible claim on these lands named after them; and, maybe, if they all raised their voices high enough, it would serve as a summons calling their missing back to the roost.

For anybody who wants to yell at the sky with a deaf grandma. :')

Can be a single-rounder or whatever!

@Ruenna @Fennec @Bronco @Reyes @Āzon @Sifaka @Sphyra @Killdeer
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
A palpable sense of excitement had swept through the pack over the past few days. “You have a brand new nephew,” his mother had explained at one point. Caracal had laughed and laughed at that silly word. It had made him think of sneezes and farts, or maybe both (snarts?).

When Towhee’s voice broke this morning’s silence like a particularly loud gong, the little boy was taking his first whizz of the day and practicing lifting his leg like his dad. (Next, he wanted to practice his strut, like he’d seen his mom doing lately.) The noise startled him and he staggered, losing his balance and falling onto his butt, which caused his urine stream to arc through the air, sparkling in the morning sunlight.

He burst into laughter at the hilarious sight, then looked around frantically. MOM! Caracal yelled, momentarily forgetting her howl came from elsewhere. DAD! TIERRA! SPHYRA! AUNTIE WOO! MEEKA! He ran out of air and sucked in a breath before exclaiming, I’M PEEING ON THE SKY!!!!!

Author: Kat
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
149 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Sphyra didn't entirely understand what it meant yet that she had a 'nephew' now. Unfortunately, she was presently close to Caracal and witnessed his embarrassing peeing-into-the-air event. It was a miracle he hadn't peed himself yet. She didn't get why and how he could just laugh about it and act as if it was something 'cool', when clearly Caracal was the epitome of 'un-cool'. Playing with pee was not cool.

Ugh, Sphyra huffed. You are gross, Crackle! If she had learned any bad words at this point, Sphyra probably would've called him something bad to emphasise his uncoolness.

Then she lifted her head into the air and let out a childish Awooooow! to join in with her mother's voice.
The Phoenix General
180 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Runs to yell at sky with deaf grandma

The strange girl who had asked to spar with him weeks prior was pregnant -- little to his knowledge. The phoenix was not well versed in the world of pregnancy and wasn't aware that the fae was a soon to be mother at all. His dumbass should've suspected as much just by looking at the woman’s swollen belly and noticing the shifty hormones that practically radiated off of her -- but that was just how ignorant Āzon was to maternity when it came down to it.

'Pups...' he thought. There hadn't really been a day in his life that he'd ever thought about having children himself, was there? He was no youngin, after all, and should be nearing 4 later on in this year -- yet he hadn't managed to sire a child of his own all this time. It wasn't that he couldn't, however, it was just that the Tundrian paid no interest. All his life was made of was working, fighting, running, eating, shitting, sleeping -- rinse and repeat the next day. Friends were made along the way of this mess of a life, though the idea of finding someone he'd want to have children with in the future simply never crossed his mind. 

If  Ignis actually decided to have children in the future, he wanted it to be with someone that was important to him.....which sounded chessy as fuck in his head -- and hopefully, that wouldn't have to come out his mouth one day.

Speaking of pups, the general just so happened to run into a pair on his way to answer Towhee's howl -- one was pissing themselves sitting down, and the other was joining in on the Sovereign's call. It was the most hilarious thing he had ever seen.

He'd nearly crapped his own lungs out with thunderous laughter that would eventually cause him to collapse on his behind. Ignis didn't end up making it to where Towhee was, and would instead take a rest near the two whelps while letting out a booming howl from where he was. Azon may have been new here, but hopefully it was a ride the Tundrian would enjoy...

The Pheonix General
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Tierra ran screaming the instant Caracal let loose.  No WAY was she letting him douse her in his stinky pee!!  Screaming was a lot of fun too, and she didn't bother stopping while she ran a little circle around.

By the time she got back, though, there was another adult here.  One she didn't know, and her squealing faded off into calm (and forward) curiosity.  You're du-

Tierra's insult got cut off immediately as Azon lifted his head and howled, catching her attention and absolutely mesmerizing her.  He was so LOUD!!!!!  She waggled her tail and beamed with absolute puppy love, completely forgetting to join in herself because she was way too smitten with this guy's crazy ear booms.
-Signing.- | Speaking. | -Signing & speaking.-
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Skipping Towhee with (my own) permission!

The twins were less than impressed with his feat, particularly Sphyrapicus. You just jelly cuz you h’ain’t got no wiener! he crowed at her, though this allegation became lost in the sound of not only her howl, but a loud bray of laughter.

Caracal’s stream slowed down to a dribble, though he hardly noticed as he leaped to his feet and pointed his reddish snout at the stranger. Stranger danger! he declared right before the white wolf threw back his head and howled. The young boy’s eyes widened comically.

Yer louder than mum! he exclaimed, impressed. But he hadn’t forgotten that this was a stranger, possibly a threat. Caracal fancied himself some kind of guardian as he scrambled toward the unfamiliar wolf, trying to put himself between the stranger and his sisters.

But Sapsucker, alias Tierra, was right there beside him, gazing up at the white wolf with stars in her eyes. Trying to squeeze in between them still, Caracal insisted, Hey! State your bame and nusiness. In his distraction, he bungled his words, though he’d at least gotten the phrase right, per what Towhee had taught him so far about guardianship.

149 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Oh yeah?! Sphyra bit back at Caracal's retort. Tierra was about to join in on insulting Caracal, but then an adult came out of seemingly nowhere. Even Sphyra was startled when she heard his chuckle — she hadn't noticed his approach, so focused on Caracal was she — and subsequent booming howl.

Tierra seemed instantly infatuated with this stranger, while Caracal asked him to say who he was and why he was here. Sphyra did neither, instead sniffing the air and then saying, You're dumb, Crackle. He smells like pack. She said it matter-of-factly, clearly thinking herself better than her brother for figuring out this mind-blowing fact about the 'stranger'. If they smelled like pack, they weren't really a stranger.
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
I hope it’s cool to nudge this toward a wrap since it’s been a month+. I wanna use this toward one of his trades. :)

The stranger didn’t get an opportunity to reply before Sphyra hurled out a couple insults. Forgetting that you weren’t supposed to turn your back on a stranger—another one of their mother’s lessons—he rounded on his sister to clap back.

So?! I can still practice! he retorted, although his cheeks warmed with embarrassment at his faux pas. Why are you so ugly? Caracal huffed in the next breath, resorting to petty insults just to get back at her for calling him dumb.

Of course, he hadn’t just insulted one twin with that particular jab. He glanced at Tierra, who still seemed rather taken with their nameless comrade, and then Caracal gave up on the entire enterprise. He dipped, at speed.

If anyone asked, he was just going to find mom or dad. He wasn’t running away out of fear of tag-teamed retribution from the twins. He had a weenie, he wasn’t one! Just for the record.