rules on exile?
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
so... I have seen one banishment on the board (Easthollow).

but I was wondering what are the rules on banishment? Since it is a large change, do you have to seek OOC permission from the player, since it has the potential to uproot their typical plots?
what if the player says no, but it no longer makes sense that the leader would harbor that individual?
and does it make any difference whether the pack leans towards democracy or totalitarianism? 

thanks in advance!
nothing in life is to be feared,
it is only to be understood.
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
correct me if i'm wrong!

there was another exile at morningside, i don't think it was talked about ooc. plotting beforehand is probably just courteous and not necessary. i'm about 90% sure it's at the PMs discretion
[ hover for translations ]
sequoia coast · open for threads (3/5)
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
This is my personal take; please allow the other CMs to weigh in as well.

IC takes precedence over OOC, so if a leader wants to exile a member IC, then I don't think it requires any OOC agreement or even notice, although as with any conflict situation, it's often considered courteous to communicate if not collaborate with the other player.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
I'd side with what was said above. It's like a character challenging for leadership or something else with a big change. Packs are all set up a bit differently so it might depend on the packs rules as well (theres definetly been backlash in EH at the leader for his actions).
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
Who is allowed or disallowed in a pack is 100% up to the pack's PM.

An OOC discussion or heads up among soon-to-be-removed members is courteous, but not mandatory. Caiaphas was exiled from Redhawks with zero OOC discussion (besides gossip) for purely IC reasons and was a great organic exile.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
@Ying @Towhee @Ira @Arcturus 
I see I see! thanks yall! <3