the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
attn @Atlas its been a while !!!! but open to all <3 @Kukutux >_>

Hydra had dozed in the shade of a tree limb nearby; she awoke to feel @Altair clamboring atop of her and the feel of @Lyra's sharp peal of laughter. She rose, watching as he slid down to fall against the earth with a thud and pinned him there playfully with her teeth and a growl without any wrath. Having slept enough, she strode toward her sister and rubbed her own furs against hers, leonine in fashion. 

Hydra then turned to look at the cubs that were presently outside, and Lyra was soon off to find more herbs.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
set before revui thread @ me

she frowned to herself as she came up the path. sialuk's future weighed upon her. but it was not something of which she might speak, perhaps not even to jarilo. what would she do if he forbade it, if the ostrega sided with his clan against her practices? it was her right to raise a daughter correctly, the duck decided, quashing the mutinous thoughts as she came upon hydra with her growing brood.

"nulik," she greeted breathlessly, dipping her head. "has the day treated you well?"
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Her gaze drifted upward to see Kukutux come into view; Hydra was pleased to see her. The woman had been busy with her own cubs, no doubt. Hydra rose to meet her, greeting her with a fond nip. Curling around her to draw alongside her sister-in-law, Hydra's eyes again fell upon her children. It has, she answered, her tail swaying behind her. Her cubs were in good health, as was she... and despite the tumult they had faced, Moonspear was thriving. Though she missed Arcturus, and sometimes still half-expected him to emerge from the shadows... she was growing used to the lack of his presence. It was a different sort of absence than when her mother and father had gone. Better or worse was not something she could deduce... different was the word best suited, for now. 

He had decided to depart them. Wounded though she felt by it, it was his own loss. Amekaze and Charon had been stolen by her with a painful permanence. Arcturus... he had let himself be led astray. 

Hydra chased him from her mind; she no longer wished for him to occupy space there. They grow so swiftly, she marveled instead; it was something she had wished for, but then moments such as these she wished could last for the rest of eternity. When they knew of no hurts or aches that would close their hearts and their minds. Having not had the privilege to spend much time with Kukutux as of late, Hydra regarded her. How do you fare? she asked in earnest, ears pricked.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"so fast," she agreed, settling herself near to hydra with the air of a woman spreading her skirts upon the ground to kneel politely. she passed her warm jade gaze over the gangly pups, the feral light that clung to their tumbling ostrega limbs. she had no doubt that dirge and the blackbear would rear another litter in the year to come, and let out her breath.

"i am well. saddened a little, my mother's heart, that saviguk and sialuk do not need me as often these days." freed from the ulaq to run about moonspear, kukutux had no way to know each adventure that her son and daughter found for themselves. this caused her chest to ache, and she pushed it aside, brooding a moment. 

in the next she brightened, a coy smirk shimmering to life upon her mouth. "sometimes ... i wonder what it would like to be mother again."
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
They will always need their mother, Hydra hummed softly, her gaze turning to Kukutux, they simply are not so... dependent. But that is not so terrible a thing, she comforts, remembering feeling that way the first time. Hydra had worried for her cubs, but felt better knowing Moonspear looked after them, too. An ear flicked at Kukutux's next statement, and Hydra turned to look to her with a pleased expression upon her features. 

After a beat, she asked, is that your desire? she thought it must be so, for her to wonder, but Hydra wanted to know it for herself if this was the case. It delighted her, the thought of it. Saviguk and Sialuk were fine children, and Hydra loved them—she would love all the rest, too.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
a nod. "that is true." both were filled with all sorts of questions at this time, especially talkative sialuk and her thirst for womanly knowledge. at hydra's implication, the duck flushed to the very breadth of the alabaster velvet upon her cheekbones. "with your agreement, of course." 

she had not spoken to jarilo of such things; kukutux had not meant to speak of it at all. but the blackbear had the charismatic feral thrum about her, dominant, knowing. the duck had little choice, and found she was relieved to surrender it to her sister.