Bug  new threadlog features throwing errors on certain accounts
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,947 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Posting this here at Aerinne's request (since this is a WIP feature but this part should be functional and does work on all but two of my accounts):

Whenever I try to update the "Yes/No" drop-down on Meerkat's or Towhee's threadlog to "Yes" in order to mark the thread complete on my end, I get this error:

Quote:MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.

Here's what's in the URL bar: https://wolf-rpg.com/misc.php?action=thr...pdate=true

This happens on my Chromebook (PixelBook Go), my PC (Dell) and my iPhone.

This feature appears to work exactly as intended on the rest of my accounts.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Sun Mote Copse
Comrade
126 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
I went testing with my old accounts and only Saēna has this same issue of giving a MyBB error when trying to update. Is it possible that a high thread count is causing it to time out and throw the error? Saēna has over 300 threads and I think both Meerkat and Towhee have substantially more than that.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
I just went through and did all of Arric's and it didn't save any of them in the threadlog.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,947 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
(July 13, 2023, 05:56 PM)Arric Wrote: I just went through and did all of Arric's and it didn't save any of them in the threadlog.

Did you hit the "Update Threadlog" button? Did you get the same error I shared?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
(July 13, 2023, 06:00 PM)Meerkat Wrote:
(July 13, 2023, 05:56 PM)Arric Wrote: I just went through and did all of Arric's and it didn't save any of them in the threadlog.

Yes i'm on windows laptop if it matters. I've done other ones though and it was fine.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,947 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
(July 13, 2023, 06:02 PM)Arric Wrote:

Yes i'm on windows laptop if it matters. I've done other ones though and it was fine.

Okay, thank you! I'm just trying to take notes for our bug smashers. :)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
(July 13, 2023, 06:03 PM)Meerkat Wrote:
(July 13, 2023, 06:02 PM)Arric Wrote:

Okay, thank you! I'm just trying to take notes for our bug smashers. :)

The Update Threadlog button is gone on Etienne's threadlog. I was trying to see if it would do the same thing with him. But it's not even there.

Whoa wait it came back. Okay let me try eti's again real quick brb
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Okay so the Update threadlog key is there, but when you skip between pages it goes away and if you go from one page to the other, what you just worked on goes away, but there is no way to save it at least on my end unless you are only working on the page that the update button is on.
Loner
burying them there while we carry on.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Popping this in here quickly. I noticed if I navigate to Qiao’s threadlog from the threadlog link in her profile OR from the threadlog link within posts, that there is no Update feature when I’m logged into her account. But, if I go to her Threadlog via the banner/ribbon at the top of the page, there’s always a button. The distinction between the two makes sense to me but wondering if that’s what happened to Danni above. I’m using Safari on iOS 13. 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/2...G_7113.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/2...G_7114.png
[Image: OTLS5SY.png]
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,976 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
I just wanted to verify something like this happening to me on desktop as well.

Threadlog from Banner (https://wolf-rpg.com/misc.php?action=threadlog)
[Image: B8Q5Ya4nf1fc7D5L3BwHiEiJIAiCIAiCIAiCIAiC...height=580]

Threadlog from Index or Profile (https://wolf-rpg.com/misc.php?action=threadlog&uid=3762)
[Image: image.png?width=922&height=580]
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,976 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Quote:I dunno if this is by design, a bug or simply part of the work in progress but I noticed that if you toggle "Yes" to exit a thread and it eventually gets archived, the Yes/No button hangs around, whereas it seems to disappear from otherwise archived threads.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

for im a wandering child
81 Posts
Ooc — Wyn
Going to my threadlog from https://wolf-rpg.com/misc.php?action=threadlog

If I have selected a trade for a thread I cannot change it back to "No Trade." I can change it to any other trade, but it won't let me remove it back to default. This is the case with the thread active and after being archived.

If reaching the log from my character menu: https://wolf-rpg.com/misc.php?action=threadlog&uid=7775
The dropdowns are there, but there's no update button present at all

In both cases, even though I've toggled "Yes" to exiting a thread (the howl one with lots of users) - at first it removed it from my "need replies" count correctly, but for a while now it says I owe a reply again. Toggling yes/no and updating doesn't fix this.
Loner
114 Posts
Ooc — Meri
Away
Hey! Can someone please tell me where the update threadlog button is, or preferably point it put in a screenshot? Sorry for the dumb question, tired eyes can't find it.
IC ≠ OOC
Sun Mote Copse
Tradesman
the muse of w a r
200 Posts
Ooc — delaney
(September 04, 2023, 03:55 PM)Meridian Wrote: Hey! Can someone please tell me where the update threadlog button is, or preferably point it put in a screenshot? Sorry for the dumb question, tired eyes can't find it.

There’s a button at the top of the thread log that says ‘Update Threadlong’ that should save any changes you make.

has a juvenile peregrine falcon companion named ghost; can be freely pp'd in threads with her; with the exception of serious injury/death.
-Ptero will look like this in posts-
Loner
114 Posts
Ooc — Meri
Away
@Towhee Jr
Still cannot find it, even when I ctrl+f to look up "update threadlog". Could you circle it in a screenshot? '-'
IC ≠ OOC