Hushed Willows Buried alive inside my dreams, but it was all a fake out
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,425 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
Dated for tomorrow! All welcome but especially those tagged
Reverie was still too weak to do much beyond her den, her health still precarious at best in the aftermath of that terrible night. She might have liked @Kukutux to stay longer, but she would never say it. The Moonglow leader had responsibilities older than Hearthwood itself. Kukutux had seen Reverie through her pregnancy and the birth of her children, as she'd promised.

Now it was time for them to leave. Time for Reina and Tybault, too, to depart. She wasn't ready for it.

Reverie wept bitterly on the morning they were due to leave. She went to @Reina first, finally gifting her the fox pelt brought to Hearthwood by Etienne. She hoped that it would keep her warm on the journey.

Now she sought Kukutux, carrying a folded pelt with several different herbs tucked within; a parting gift to her midwife. Surely Reverie would have died without her. It was a debt she could never repay, but she would try nonetheless.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
quietly kukutux did not wish to leave so soon. to see reverie up so soon alarmed the woman, though she took the packet of herbs smoothly, handing it to nasamiituuq as the moonglow party prepared to leave.

"i have given reina much knowledge," she said softly, hoping to lift reverie at least in some part. "you will have strong eyes on you when i am away."

moonmother did not yet know that the golden sparrow wished to send both healers on a path to moontide, and now offered reverie a warm smile. "i will come back, i think, before the sun is long and the days are hot."
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,425 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reina. The woman had occupied her thoughts of late, more so now that she would soon be absent from the territory. Reverie took in a breath as Kukutux spoke of her, then of returning before the summer. That was a sweet thought, and brought a smile to her lips.

I'd like that. Thank you, Kukutux - for being here. For everything, She reached out to touch her nose lightly to the woman's shoulder. When she drew back again, there was a new light in her eyes, something soft but determined. This would be her first true decision as primary leader of the pack. The change to their ranks had been bitter necessity, but this — this was her own vision creeping into reality. I've decided that Reina should still go with you to Moontide - and my brother, Tybault, should go with her. I want her to learn more, and both of them to speak with Heph and Rodyn about an alliance with Moontide.

I figure we should have allies, if we're going to try to get by, without Boone — but she left that part unspoken.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
this she did not like! it showed in the brief snap of wariness in her eyes, that reverie should be so unguarded in this harsh time.

"very well," moonmother said at last, leaning forward to touch her paw to that of the golden sparrow. "moonglow will be here as friend to you. and i will speak for hearthwood among the moon villages, if it is needed." yet she did not think this would be needed. they had come to the great hunt and were known, if only as new.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]