Hushed Willows What Happens Next
86 Posts
Ooc — Tuft
Private 
Tags for Ref @Reverie @Kukutux @Minnow Set after Rev and Kuku's thread

It had been several hours since his last discussion with Reverie. Having finished asking for the coach's approval, Tuft wanted to hear what Minnow and Kukutux had to say, and he wanted Reverie to back him up if needed. 

Tilting his head up towards the sky, he gave a long calling howl for Reverie, Minnow and her pack leader. He had headed back over to Reverie's den. His heart was racing at what Minnow would report back with.

Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
eventually, kukutux and minnow were once more called.

bidding nasamiituuq to stay back this time, moonmother stepped quietly beside the younger woman, nodding pleasantly to reverie and giving tuft a knowing look.

as the hearthwood wolf had called, the moonglow leader would not speak first. all this had occurred within reverie's village, and so the golden woman held sway.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Oh she was so nervous and scared. The female tried to keep her composure and keep her mind sound but so many thoughts were rattling around up there. Her face did not show it however as she walked up to everyone and took a seat next to her leader. She gave a nervous glance over to Tuft. Her heart was racing because even though she had gained permission, the woman didn’t know if he had.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,423 Posts
Ooc — xynien
It was odd, how the workings of the pack seemed to have shifted to revolve around her den atop the hill. It felt rather like motherhood; never a moment to breathe, never a moment even to pee without the kids gathering round the bathroom door. Reverie had been behind her den trying to do just that — for the millionth time today, it felt! — when she heard Tuft's call and subsequent arrival. She sighed.

It took a few minutes to haul herself back up and around to the front of the den, and by then the others had gathered. She greeted each of them, settling into a sit. Reverie was unsure whether Tuft and Minnow had spoken to one another yet.

Kukutux and I spoke not long ago, She began softly. Your children would be welcome in Hearthwood, but only if you can make that decision now. There are others who might want children, and who might come into their season soon, but Hearthwood can only support one more litter. It would be unfair to keep the others waiting on a decision.

But if you can't decide now, Kukutux mentioned other options, Reverie glanced to the midwife then, falling silent to allow her to speak.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
86 Posts
Ooc — Tuft

Tuft just stood there and gawked at Reverie. Why would she enforce such a rule that would split him up from the people that he loves? Tuft scoffed, looking visibly distraught, and said to Coach "Excuse me, but what? You're only letting one other couple have a litter? Why? I have found someone I want to cherish for the rest of my life, and this is my home!". 

He looked over to Minnow for reassurance "What ever the reason, we will find a good home for these pups, but my devotion to you Reverie will go away. Why didn't you say this to me when I was asking for your permission for Mnnow to be my mate? We could have discussed this more!

Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux turned her green eyes firmly on the young man. "that is disrespectful. your home is here. you are not a child. you do not need to be guided into knowing how such things must be handled. what is said is not unfair." 

had he spoken first and chosen second, they would not yet be here. did minnow see now how these choices could not be made so quickly?

"there are two before you in moonglow," the duck explained to the youthful pair. "and they are my son and my daughter. minnow's place among us is assured through the carrying of children, should she choose to have them. but village moonglow will not take third children over the first two," and she spoke softly in this. "my son and his mate may go to another place. this will make room, but it is a choice we of moonglow must decide together, when we have gone home. and it would be hard to leave at the end of your time, to seek a new village."

"moonspear, moontide, morningsong, and brecheliant are in the wilderness, minnow," she said, addressing the tense young woman even as her eyes gathered the others. "there are many places in which you might find a home, near your family, and quickly. there are villages in the flat lands and messengers who can be sent."

"you are two standing as one upon the edge of a future only you both may decide. it will require a swiftness, minnow. this time will not last. if you wish to be anaa this year, then choose what is best for you and your children." not tuft. not valiant. a mother's choice. "if you choose to come back to moonglow, then two hands of time you may use to relax, to think of what you may do. perhaps valiant might meet us in moontide, if i send a message ahead of our travel."
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She looked at her new mate wide eyed as he spoke and then to his leader who she sympathized with. She knew it was not right for him to yell at leadership as well as a woman with child. 

He looked over to her for approval but she could not give it this time. “There is a time and a place for yelling and this is not one of those time.” She knew it was unsafe for a mother with unborn children to be upset this close to the end of pregnancy.

She then looked to her leadership and nodded. “I truly understand that there are others. You must prioritize the once in your pack before me I came late.” She knew this the moment that the topic was brought up and this quarrel was exactly what the woman wanted to avoid. 

She didn’t want conflict she didn’t want anyone to be upset but it seems that was unavoidable. “I do wish to become a mother in this season but I cannot make a decision out of haste and I understand you need one right now. If we were to stay her” She looked over to Reverie “But I can’t agree in good conscience without speaking to the only kin I have left.” 

She wouldn’t, she had only just found him. She looked to kukutux at her suggestion and she nodded. “Yes I would be okay with that.”
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,423 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Last for Rev unless she's tagged back in! <3
Her gaze sharpened at Tuft's outburst, his declaration of the severing of his loyalty to her. Reverie knew that it was for the best, this decision, but hearing his ire stung all the same. As if she meant to be selfish; as if she meant to keep him from happiness. But Kukutux was quick to come to her defense, and Minnow herself seemed to understand.

Reverie allowed them to speak, casting a grateful glance toward the Moonglow leader and the example she set. Leadership meant standing by even these difficult decisions; she would have to remember this moment.

Boone and I didn't think anyone else would want children so soon. Our decision was made after you came to us, and it wasn't made lightly, She turned to Tuft when she next spoke. Hearthwood is still new, and I don't know that all of our wolves will stay. Some of them have already left. We can't risk having too many children to support. I won't watch them starve.

I can give you more time to decide, but if someone else comes to me for permission - someone who intends to stay in Hearthwood, I won't say no, This she offered for Minnow, whose dilemma she understood too well. Parting from her own brothers had never been easy. For Tuft she had nothing more to offer. It seemed he would be parting from Hearthwood one way or another, and perhaps that was for the best. He'd been so ready to throw them all away; Reverie wasn't sure she wanted him here at all.

It seems like you both need some time to discuss, Reverie stood then, excusing herself back to the other side of her den. She really needed to pee.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
86 Posts
Ooc — Tuft

Tuft went over to Reverie and licked her paw in submissiveness. He had conflicting emotions, all swirling around him like a summer storm. On one paw, he was still flustered and angry about Reverie not telling him about the current state of the pack. He wanted to let her know that he would do anything for his children. 

On the other paw, he still felt that responsibility of protecting Boone and Reverie. He loved them and thought of them as his adopted parents. He wanted to serve them to the best of his ability. He felt awful for saying that he would hate her if she did this. He wholeheartedly agreed with both Kukutux and Minnow, it was wrong to have yelled at his Coach, especially when she's pregnant and just about to be due.

"I am so sorry. I was acting stupid. If that is what you want for this pack, then that is what must happen.You've been so kind to both me and Minnow, and I just threw it away. I hope that you understand though that my children and my mate come first before the rest of the pack." Tuft said.

Turning now to Minnow, Tuft said "We should meet your brother. Once we talk to him and seek for his approval, we can come back here to see if anyone has taken our spot. If someone has, then we'll just. look for a new spot. What do you think?".

Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kuku out! <3

tuft was suitably chastised, and minnow stood firm. already kukutux could she had matured since their first arrival. "i must stay for the birth," moonmother told the two. "one to carry a message can be sent across the wilderness."

of course, they could leave now and seek valiant themselves, but kukutux would not say this aloud. reverie wished a decision before these two came together; sending the young ones off alone would only secure it in the ways most necessary to avoid.

yet she did not say that minnow must remain back with her. 

she did not think they would wait. tuft acknowledged how the damage he had dealt to their potential position here. now they spoke of going forward. kukutux rose and stepped aside. "tell me what you have chosen," she asked of minnow, before dipping her head to them both and departing.
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
He had apologized to his leader and she watched as the woman departed as well as her leader giving her a soft nod before she had left now looking at her mate. “Let’s go so we can talk about all our options.” She said before she herself departed toward the borders so that they may speak in private.

Feel free to archive or post one last time!