Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
All Welcome 
open to all!

with nasamiituuq, @Minnow, and @Faele in tow, kukutux found their way across the mountains to the place of reverie's home, having been instructed in this.

her voice rang out; she set down their packs, her neck hurting.

but she felt this was the packland, and stomped snow from her toes, waiting for her greeting to be heard.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,424 Posts
Ooc — xynien
At the sound of Kukutux's call, Reverie bolted up from her bed, her whole body wiggling with excitement. She remembered @Boone in the next moment, and shot him a slightly guilty look. Sorry, She whispered, but nothing could quite stifle her joy.

I - I'm gonna go say hi! Reverie added, dashing off before her husband could respond. It was the most energy she'd had in weeks. She ran to the borders, a little out of breath by the time she spotted the woman. Kukutux! She exclaimed, tail waving, and moved to greet her with a hug if it was accepted.

And this must be Nasamiituuq, She offered a gentle smile to the shy girl at Kukutux's side. Her eyes found the pale woman again. Thank you for coming. You must be tired after the journey - I've already found a place for you to stay while you're here. Let me help you with your things. Reverie moved to pick up some of the bundles, intent on making herself useful.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Moonglow
Iota
60 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
Kyrell can be a cameo unless further addressed

A howl rung out at their borders. Rising from the edge of the Opal Lake, Kyrell made his way to greet the visitor. With a brisk step Kyrell arrived on the scene. Quizzical gaze turning into a relieved smile as Reverie greeted the pair from Moonglow. A light sensation bloomed in his chest. He hadn't realized he was holding his breath.

The sight of the healers was most welcome. He approached with a gentle beat of his tail. His head dipping in greeting. Nearing just enough to be of use, if it was requested of him.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
reverie was not well.

kukutux sensed this in the woman as the golden one came to greet her, but did not say anything against the hearthwood wolf helping them. she did not wish to shame reverie before her people.

yet she kept her gait quick, wanting to settle so she could examine reverie. "our journey was long, but nasamiituuq was a great help to me," kukutux murmured, offering her beloved granddaughter a soft smile.

"this is minnow. this is faele," moonmother introduced.
Hushed Willows
Singer
156 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Reina had found the others, gathered in greeting. Her eyes landed first on her Coach, who was attempting to assist carrying the items apparently brought in from their long journey to Hearthwood. Taking deep breathes to slow her down after racing over with Tuft somewhere behind her, she woofed, making her presence known. Kyrell was close, as well, and she questioned him with a beckoning nod towards their coach, asking if he could help assist her with taking over the task of carrying the bags. Reverie should not be doing any hard labor, but it would do no good to paint their Coach weak in front of another pack, regardless if they are friendly or not.

She reached Reverie’s side, gently nosing at the items before her in a silent request to allow her in assisting with them instead. Azure orbs looked up quickly, however, no intention to be rude by not greeting their guests. She recognized the Moonwoman, of course, but the others were strange to her. Luckily, she did catch their names upon her arrival. The red wolf straightened and bowed her head to Kukutux and her companions. “Hello, it’s good to see you, again. And gladly met, Nasamittuuq, Minnow, and Faele. Thank you for making the journey to Hearthwood—I hope it wasn’t too much trouble for you!”

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
86 Posts
Ooc — Tuft

Running just behind Reina, Tuft soon made his way over to where everyone else was. He was scared for a moment as he saw three or four wolves surrounding his pack leaders. He was about to snarl and try to protect the others when he noticed the body language of both parties. They weren't nervous or anxious, but rather seemed to be happy to see each other. 

Still warry of any other wolf barging in, he silently strode up to the rest of the pack, dropping the rabbit that was supposed to go to Reina on the cold hard ground. Listening to Reina, Tuft was curious as to how she knew this other group. "Reina, you know these wolves?" Tuft asked. Looking over to the other wolves, he asked them "Hello. My name is Tuft. Please explain what your purpose here is.".

Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,424 Posts
Ooc — xynien
At four weeks, Reverie's condition was surely noticeable to anyone who spared her more than a passing glance; she knew this. It was appreciated, then, that her wolves were so quick to fall in beside her as she greeted the near-strangers at their borders. It's nice to meet you all, She said softly as Tuft arrived on the scene, arranging what she had decided to carry across her shoulders.

What she did not appreciate was Tuft's undercutting of her authority. Abruptly Reverie felt very tired; tired, and mildly resentful of her husband. She wished that he was here. But he was not, and as with so many other things, she was left to face this alone. The man that he had brought here, disrespecting her at the borders. Her chin lifted; her tail rose.

These are healers from Moonglow, Tuft, Reverie explained firmly, but not unkindly. They were kind enough to make the journey to help me through my pregnancy. Maybe you could bring them something from our caches? I'm sure they're hungry. An attempt at retaking control of the situation; she did not want to reprimand Tuft in front of their guests. She knew that he meant well. But it was not his place to question her guests.

She cast a grateful glance to Reina and Kyrell, then beckoned for Kukutux and her wolves to follow her.

It's a cave just past the meadow. It's not so cold there. It catches a lot of sun, Reverie explained, partially for the Moonglow wolves' benefit and partially so that Tuft would know where to find them. Kyrell and Reina, too, were welcomed with a gesture if they wished to follow.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you

lawmen, women or a shallow grave
same ol' blues just a different day
146 Posts
Ooc — Twin
lil cameo unless he's needed!

kukutux was here.
it was evident in the way reverie lit up like a firefly, bolting down the slope of their den. he felt a relief lift from his shoulders knowing he was no longer so alone in this; no longer without help. be careful! he'd called, lumbering halfway out of the denmouth to watch her disappear into the brush. and call me if you need me! an easy smile came across his features, invisible to all but him. she was in good hands; they were lucky.
boone sat beneath the warm glow of the sun on their porchstep and daydreamed.
Hushed Willows
Singer
156 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
The red she-wolf turned sharply at Tuft’s abrupt demand of reason. Blue eyes widened as her head shook subtly, silently asking him to cease his questioning. The male meant well, she knew, but this was not the time for an interrogation. Her words came after Reverie’s own, another apologetic look to her as she looked at Tuft before he complied with Reverie’s command. 

Another reason to be sorry…

“Yes, I do. I have only just met the others, but Kukutux here led a women’s circle I had attended not too long ago. And, shortly before I met you, Reverie had also given light to a plan that she and Kukutux had come up with some time ago—I have the chance to travel with our guests back to their home…to train. So I can properly care for you all here.” A feeling of pride grew as she spoke, tail wagging excitedly. It was finally her chance to feel useful in this life. She had to take it.

Without another word, she picked up bags and followed Reverie in the direction of the guest den. She cast a beseeching look back at Tuft, begging for him to understand…she hoped he would. This in uncharted territory for Reina, her thoughts were anxiety inducing. Maybe she would need a word with her Coach regarding Tuft. Moon knows she needs guidance in this.

Last Rei post!

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
86 Posts
Ooc — Tuft

Even more confused and frustrated now, Tuft tried to make sense of what Reina said. "I-I'm sorry...wait what? You're leaving? Now?" Knowing that this wasn't the time nor place to have this conversation, Tuft said "Never mind, its fine."

Feeling anger bubble inside of him, Tuft tried to push it down and focus on helping his Coach. Guilt swarmed in at the look that both Reverie and Reina shared at Tuft. He wished he could say "I'm sorry, I'm just trying to protect both of you.", but the only thing that came out of his mouth to Reverie was "Yes Coach. I'll try and give them the best that we have if that is okay with you. Will you be joining us?" 

Tuft looked over to the newcomers, tail tucked between his legs and ears down. "Thank you for helping our pack out. I'm sure that all of you are excellent teachers and students."

Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
last for kuku!

it was a credit that reverie's wolves rallied around her so swiftly, and kukutux took no offense to the commanding tone of the man.

yet she did not answer, allowing the hearthwood leader her time to collect those who followed and direct them. 

a cave.

a nod came; her eyes were bright, but before she followed reverie and reina to this place, she looked back toward tuft. "if you wish to learn, only ask. i will teach you also."

and then she was gone, passing on to the golden side of the willow-woman with soft words of encouragement for both she and the other moonglow wolves.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Moonglow
Iota
60 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
Last from Kyrell. My apologies if I'm out of order with him! It can be assumed/referenced he is helping the Moonglow wolves settle in.

Reina and Tuft soon joined the welcoming party. If it could be called that anymore. He was not oblivious to Reina's eyes before she went to mind Reverie. He wanted to allow the Coach the chance to ask for help. His mind still burning with her refusal to be taken to Moonglow when she first bled.

He then visibly winced as Tuft began to question their visitors. Tuft was swiftly corrected, so he did not comment upon it. Instead, he focused on collecting any other items from their visitors. Falling in line with Reverie as she began to usher their guests to the den space that was reserved for them.