Hoshor Plains A Day in the Life
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
All Welcome 
backdated to the day of the hunt, all welcome! Heph's headed to the healer's area and is looking for a healer, tagging for visibility - she has some deep bruising on her shoulder, potentially some superficial nicks/cuts that will heal on their own, and a dislocated shoulder

When the rush of the hunt had worn off the pain in her shoulder had not abated and though she tried to bite her tongue it refused to bear her weight and the discomfort only deepened even when she did not rest any of her body over the paw. She limped to the place where the healers had gathered, using the last dredges of adrenaline to grit her teeth the distance and did her best to breathe through the waves of it that came. Her heart pounded in her ears and she forced herself to calm. They would know what to do, the pain and the injury was not forever. For a moment her injured paw touched the ground and she yelped, gingerly picking it up and hopping along on three legs. When she reached the edge of the clearing she waited, hoping there was no one who needed to be seen more urgently than her but giving a slight bark "Heya!" She announced her presence and then settled back, taking weight off her front, a sigh of relief. @kukutux, @ajei, @reverie, @seal, @alaric, @amalia, @reina, @sialuk
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
The healers were waiting and ready, though together they prayed that no hunter would return injured. But when the chase began, the sound of hooves was like thunder and Seal felt an ominous sensation deep within her spirit.

Seal was full of nerves, but when she saw the first silhouette she went into focus mode.

Heph was the first patient to stumble back. Quickly, the young woman ran out with the others to help support Heph’s weight and lay her into position. She had seen cuts, scrapes, gashes, and bites but Siauluk’s apprentice had never seen an injury like a dislocated shoulder. Her whole whither was malformed and it looked incredibly painful.

Quickly, Seal gathered supplies for the experienced medics, ready to pass whatever was needed.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
heph had been the first injured. directing @Reverie and @Reina to bring up the dark steep of cold liquid, she had instructed @Nasamiituuq to help seal soak strips of hide in the astringent. beneath the moonspear girl's tutelage, the minor scrapes and wounds could be cleansed

moonwoman clucked a worried tongue over the state of the leg. "have no worries. we will put the bone back where it belongs, when you have had something for pain."

she would need @Alaric for this, moonmother decided. ajei and amalia were asked to prepare more strips of skin, this time for the binding and holding of heph's leg.

this left @Sialuk, with whom she prepared a portion of fat with the poppyseeds. "eat this," she told to the moontide leader. her eyes found alaric now, and kukutux motioned him closer. "i will need your strength to to push hard on her hip when i am ready."
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,421 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Just a cameo, Rev can be powerplayed freely <3
It was with a cold wash of dread that Reverie realized the first injured hunter to come to them was a familiar face. Heph, who had invited Hearthwood to this hunt. There would be more, she knew. This was only the beginning.

Reverie was quiet as she followed Kukutux's instruction, shoulder brushing Reina's briefly. Every now and then her gaze drifted for a moment back to the plains beyond, where the other hunters were.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Hushed Willows
Singer
153 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
The red wolf felt entirely out of her depth. She was too new, too green. There was no way she would be of any use to the wounded. 

But a seasoned wolf stepped in to assist, tossing out orders as if they’ve done this a million times or more. Reina was glad for it, she could perform the basics, that which she knew was most comfortable for her.

Reina nodded curtly to the commanding wolf, following Reverie’s lead. Once the task was completed, Reina back herself up enough to give breathing room to those who were still circulating the area performing their own given duties. She watched the injured intently as the healer she-wolf assessed her.

She could learn a thing or two from this woman.

Feel free to pp Reina. She just started into the trade and is using this as an educational experience.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric jauntily walked up a hum under his breath. A winsome smile just for the patient.  A gentle snort of hello to Kukutux.

You have need of me moonwoman?

Then he waited quietly. Eyes taking in the wound. Registering the discoloarstion, cuts and scraps the way the ahould hung floppily. A dislocate then. Not quite as bad a Elentari.
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Despite her inability to put much pressure on the limb Heph had convinced herself on the way over that it truly had just been a deep bruise and perhaps a strain, but when the wolves began efficiently heading in her direction, swiftly guided by Kukutux her ears flicked back and her shoulders shrunk as she forced herself to be still as she realized it may not have been as superficial as she had thought. Her eyes darted left and right, trying to keep track of the bodies that seemed to move around, focusing on Kukutux and her words. A spike of panic at the sound of her tongue but she forced herself to nod a grimaced smile bearing through her teeth. "Alright I trust you." And she forced herself to say it, to make it truth, and when the dark-furred wolf walked up with a winning smile she managed a flash of her own back.

She took the painkillers gratefully, but still grit her teeth doing her best to focus on a point in the distance, the herds beginning to settle after the chase, some still running. She did her best to see if she could pick out any weak links even at the distance, a mental exercise to keep herself from thinking about the impending jolt of pain and so that she could not see her shoulder or hip out the side of her eye. "Don't be shy." She said, a wry smile through her teeth to prevent herself from biting her tongue.

Heph'll be a good patient so feel free to pp her!
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"yes," kukutux said solemnly to @Alaric. "we will need to push her bone back into its holding place," she explained, surprised that she was still without proper words in some instances.

some moments later, she nodded to the man, bracing her shoulder against that of heph. "hold, my friend," kukutux whispered. "the pain is not for long."

she lifted the limb along her own back as alaric rotated the joint; when it had given the snap into its place, she motioned @Seal forward to help her wrap the limb in strips of cloth which had been soaked in the mixture by @Nasamiituuq.

"there." a soft pillow of hides comforted the leg from shoulder to ankle. "we will bring you food in one turn of time. the medicine i have given you will soon help bring sleep, heph," moonmother assured.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Hushed Willows
Singer
153 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
The red she-wolf watched on the sidelines of the care being performed, eyes intently following the Moonwoman’s actions. It was a wonderful thing to behold, the art of healing. 

An anxious heart hammered in her chest, the feeling of being small coming to her. She did not have the training to be a hands-on member, it bothered her greatly. But, there was no time to continue the self-pity. Instead, her thoughts turned to the happenings before her, soaking in everything she could. The Moonwoman was her idol, the embodiment of a goal she hoped to attain.

Some day, it would happen.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.