Ambassador
Ranger
All Welcome 
And if the whole wide world stops singing
And all the stars go dark
I turn the light on in my soul
And keep a bluebird in my heart.

Miranda Lambert

Music spilled from the mouths of the Duskfire wolves, rising and falling with the dancing of the northern lights overhead. The hunters down in the valley-- Moonglow and any others who had participated in the culling of the Zombie Deer Disease-- would now know that the funeral had concluded, and it was time to begin the night of feasting, songs, and stories. 

For the first time in three weeks, Lane allowed her usual lightness to return to her steps. She was no dancer, but she leapt across the glacier territory with a wild, celebratory grace, lifting her voice up to at regular intervals so it wove and intertwined in harmony with the voices of her packmates. She led the Duskfire Glacier wolves to the location of the feast at Moonglow's camp, and their hosts received them eagerly. 

The hunters ushered their Duskfire brothers and sisters into their camp with enthusiasm, and all voices joined together across the taiga. All who dwelled in the Snowforest Taiga would know that alphas Wintersbane and Tzila had passed, and that their spirits had been sung into the dancing lights. Sadness still remained with many who had suffered a personal loss in the deaths of these revered alphas, but the time for mourning was now concluded. Now that their spirits had departed, the celebration of life could begin. 

The feast and celebration is open to all of Duskfire Glacier, Moonglow, Sapphique, Rivenwood, and any/all additional wolves who have been participating in the interpack hunt in the taiga. Players are encouraged to reply only once to this kickoff thread if so desired. Players may create additional threads to play out interactions that take place during the celebration (dated for the evening of December 18th) and use [feast] in their thread title.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,113 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
the two villages became one world tonight beneath the wheeling stars.

the songs rose to the dancing lights, and between them the wolves of moonglow and of duskfire shared words and meat and stories. kukutux found herself laughing, laughing until her face ached. she turned loving eyes upon the mingling wolves, feeling that her heart was filled with a completeness.

the glacier had become their family as well.

it was why they had sung for wintersbane.

she sat beside aiolos with kausiut perhaps close at hand, watching as feats of strength and loud tales carried.

the spirits were pleased tonight, she felt.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,194 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
heda had never seen so many wolves in one place before. 
although she had hunted with them, slept beside them, and spoken with so many, gathered in the moonglow camp they seemed too many to number.
she passed shyly among the thronging adults, sneaking glances at those her age. she missed druid and witch, and was excited to be back in rivenwood once more.
when the time came.
for now heda hung back, watching everything and catching sight of a particularly handsome pair of boys.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,938 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
As the pack roved toward Sunset Valley, Meerkat kept her eyes peeled for one wolf in particular. She hadn't yet seen her mother since Towhee's arrival at Moonglow's outpost. They were overdue to catch up and though her mother's interference had genuinely annoyed her upon their last visit, she could sorely use some sage advice right now.

Before she slipped away from the other Duskfire wolves, she glanced over at Issorartuyok. She couldn't help herself. She wondered what he was thinking and feeling tonight. Had she crossed his mind? Shaking her head at herself, Meerkat slipped away into the crowd.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,971 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee felt pretty damn out of her element tonight. She still wasn't fully adjusted to her new living situation and now she was meant to mingle with wolves from a bunch of different packs. She took some comfort in the possibility of seeking out Meerkat, though she supposed her daughter might be busy hanging out with other wolves, like that Alpha male of hers. Maybe those two would feast together and then go off and make Towhee some more grandchildren...

"Now there's a thought," she murmured aloud to no one in particular, glancing around and marveling at the sheer number of wolves milling about the valley.

Pretty quickly, she decided to move to the outskirts of the gathering. She could socialize a bit without overwhelming herself, plus she could keep an eye on everything. She sincerely doubted they were in any danger with these numbers, yet Towhee could no more deny her guarding instincts than quit being a Redhawk.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
206 Posts
Ooc — Mai
After the funeral, the reverent ritual that had sent Wintersbane and Tzila to the stars, Ensio followed Lane's lead, from the Glacier and to the Valley. He felt sad. Wistful, but not bitter. They would never be far from his mind, not ever.

Seeing the mass gathering of so many wolves, all of whom he could call allies, lifted his spirit. If only he had known. Could have seen up until now. Their sheer numbers and presence here on this clear, chilly winters night was testament to how much support his pack truly had. He would be lying if he said he wasn't moved.

The granite and platinum boy did not celebrate by dancing. That just wasn't his style. He sat alone for a time, looking at peace with himself. His hard, chiseled expression only broke when he looked to the star dotted sky. He drew in a slow breath and then belted out a howl like thunder. A magnificent, deep bass voice for the rugged youth. In it he released all his emotions in that single note, letting the wind carry and spread them.

A release. One he had needed for so long. Then he turned and barreled down a hill, knee deep in snow. He was nearly invisible amidst the white powder, the flying dust giving clue to his ruckus. Alive with energy, he zoomed past Arius in chase. Anyone else in his firing line, he growled at playfully. Any tails not tucked out of the way might even get a soft yank.
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
The northerner had followed the pack into the valley for the celebration of life and then he had added his voice to the songs of the others. The spirits of Wintersbane and Tzila would know how much they are loved by those they left behind. Tuulu wished them peace with his own song. 

Although there was a sadness in the air, he knew it would help all those grieving to be among friends and feast on all of their hard work. Tuulu still felt wary of the meat from the sick caribou, and so he would discretely avoid eating any of it himself. 

When it was appropriate, he would head towards the gathering and slowly make his way around.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,192 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
The number of wolves gathered, regardless of which village they were pledged to, did not affect Kigipigak much. His own village of Unnuakvik had once been as populous; his people were known to mix and mingle at large celebrations like this one, and so he was more within his element than most.

Kigipigak was intent on enjoying himself at the celebration, yet found his lustre fading as the Duskfire wolves came out of the woodwork. He knew they had held their private ceremony for their fallen, and yet, seeing their slack posture or sorrow-filled faces, or the indifference of some of them as they tried to appear strong in the face of visitors, made him uncomfortable.

He sought out the friendly faces that he knew among his own camp: Kukutux, the children, Shikoba if she was not preoccupied; and then mingled with the other hunters from there, feeling a touch out-of-place for the heavy thoughts that lingered upon his mind.